International Intrigue


Are you interested in taking a unit on an Independent International Trip?? As many people will tell you, the process comes with a huge amount of paperwork. The good part is that once you have decided that you are ready to start planning…..Girl Guides of Canada has the document to take you step by step through this process. Check out the document IT1 on the Girl Guides web site under forms. This is the starting point for your paperwork.

It is suggested that you have 18 months to 2 years of planning time. This will give you a chance to fundraise over a good period in order to raise the money needed.

Our Area has a number of Guiders that have travelled internationally with Units and they are also very willing to help answer your questions.

Please contact Kootenay Area International Adviser Heather Hall at if you want to plan a trip in 2017 or 2018 to get
your paperwork started.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s